1/10/16:
It seems like whenever I
try to find something online lists come up.
The top ten “blank” is every other article. I am usually drawn to them and like them for
finding information. I was curious why I
am drawn to this version of articles and why the titles capture the eye. It has recently become a huge part of the
media. “Top ten places to see in San
Francisco," “Top ten healthily fruits," “Top 20 places to travel in
your 20’s” the list of these kinds of titles
is endless. I often like racing this and
I recently questioned
why I and so many
others like reading these list articles do.
We have this mass media
market where there is literally limitless information you can access. I can’t even begin to explain how much stuff
is on the internet. Quite frankly, it is extremely
overwhelming. Keeping the idea of lists
in our heads when we’re looking for something to
do in San Francisco I see a list of top ten things or a long article. I am going to choose the list. The simplest conclusion as to why that is it is clear, precise and easy to process. Our brains are trying to make sense of all
this information presented to us. Lists
provide an extremely easy way for us to take in the main information. They are right to the point and we don’t need
to analyze or make
sense of the article. That is why it
captures people’s attention and is effective in presenting an argument.
Our media world is
absolutely flooded with information.
These lists are a very smart idea by authors. It gives us a relief from searching through
this pile of information. I do however
wonder how much we lose from not reading and analyzing the whole article. I feel like we do those some of our brain
skills. These days we have more and more
easy way outs for our brain. Whether or
not it’s healthy for us? I am not really
sure. I do know we are missing some of
the little details that make an article whole. As for now,
I will enjoy the ease of these “list articles” in the mass of media today.


No comments:
Post a Comment