Everybody's got a thing
But some don't know how to handle it
Always reachin' out in vain
Just taking the things not worth havin'
But some don't know how to handle it
Always reachin' out in vain
Just taking the things not worth havin'
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
'cause I'll be standing on the side when you check it out
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
'cause I'll be standing on the side when you check it out
They say your style of life's a drag
And that you must go other places
Just don't you feel too bad
When you get fooled by smiling faces
And that you must go other places
Just don't you feel too bad
When you get fooled by smiling faces
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
'cause I'll be standing on the side when you check it out
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
'cause I'll be standing on the side when you check it out
When you get off your trip
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
But don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (don't you worry, baby)
'cause I'll be standing on the side when you check it out
Everybody needs a change
A chance to check out the new
You're the only one who see
The changes you take yourself through
A chance to check out the new
You're the only one who see
The changes you take yourself through
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (sweet baby)
'cause I'll be standin' in the wings when you check it out
Don't you worry 'bout a thing (sweet baby)
'cause I'll be standin' in the wings when you check it out
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't you worry 'bout a thing
Don't worry, don't worry, don't worry 'cause I'll be right here waitin' for you baby
Repeat (fade)
Don't worry, don't worry, don't worry 'cause I'll be right here waitin' for you baby
Repeat (fade)
This song is an old classic. It has influenced generations of people. It has been remixed, featured in movies and so much more. The song was produced in 1974 but still manages to reach the ears of listeners today.
It makes sense why the lyrics are enjoyed by so many people. I see the song as Mr. Wonder offering to protect people (especially women) from the world’s realities. This includes the very harsh ones like corruption. Out of the whole Inversions album this is one of the most upbeat songs. The album scrapes the surface of vast world problems. On the surface the song seems very upbeat with its rhythm and the different instruments. However, if you really evaluate the lyrics and what they are saying you can find a whole other meaning. I admire Stevie Wonder and his courage to go into these topics. The popularity of his music and the issues he presents creates a big impact on the world. He writes all of his own music.
I could say why the I enjoy the lyrics and what they mean to me but there is a bigger topic at hand, the power of music. This song calms me down when I’m overwhelmed, stressed, etc. Music has a power nothing else in this world has. It captures the nations attention. It makes us break into dance. It lets us belt out the lyrics with it. Music has the power to change our mood. You could be a classical fan or country fan, you still have a kind of music that makes you happy. We love our music so much we idolize the people who make it. People say that music simulates more parts of the brain than anything else. The songs people put out for the world have a potential to have a positive impact on others.
No comments:
Post a Comment